Monday, January 31, 2011

Another hot day

Today is our second hot day in a row and my new house has no airconditioning. I moved into this beautiful big old home about 3 weeks ago and air con didnt seem a priority at the time. At least we have ceiling fans.

I joined in some stitching today at a friends house . There is a small group that meets at the shop every Friday and they enjoy each others company so much that they are now meeting once a month at their private homes.

I was hand stitching some tumbling blocks that I have had on the go for so , so long. Im determined not to repeat a fabric , so , it takes time to acccumulate fabrics. This also means that no-ones stash of Reproduction fabrics is safe. Not sure what the finished size is going to be, just taking it as it comes.


2 comments:

  1. That quilt is so pretty! I'm sure other quilters dont mind you raiding their scrap bin! It's nice you have a group to meet with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is that? I love the effect of the diamonds with the stems just appearing out of them. We have a lot of fabric in common. If I didn't know better I could almost imagine you have been raiding my stash!

    ReplyDelete